Etsy

Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's Still Summer!

I am rebelling at the back to school items and loving green right now.  It is still time for summer jewelry, I don't even want to think about sweaters and jeans. 


In this picture on the left is a vintage glass green button from West Germany.  The middle is a glass vintage cabachon with little specks of white, blue and pink.  I glued it onto a chunky button.  It fit nicely and I thought the white made the green stand out.  The far right is a finished vintage silver earring made into a ring for myself!


The earrings are brass wire with vintage components.


With the high price of silver right now, I thought it would be a good idea to wait for it to drop before buying more supplies.  So I have ventured into making my own earwires from my current stash of wire. I know - it's not hard to make earwires - wrap the wire about a tube and cut - but I have never done it.  This was my first attempt - practicing with brass.  I hammered them a bit, and de-burred the ends with my new wire rounder.  I can't believe I picked the wire rounder up at Michael's.  They are carrying alot more tools.  Don't get me wrong - I like my quality tools (the few that I have!). But not every tool has to be expensive, and with the weekly 40 or 50% off coupon from the paper it makes it very economical to pick up some new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment